Monthly Expungement Clinic
ARREST ERASER | EXPUNGEMENT CLINIC
DeVetter Law x DEEP x ARCS Task Force x Filling The Gaps
Every 2nd MON from 5PM – 7PM
Welcome to our empowering monthly Expungement Clinic, a vital resource designed to provide justice-impacted individuals with pathways to brighter futures. If you face obstacles such as job, housing, or licensing applications hampered by misdemeanor and/or felony convictions on background checks, this clinic is your beacon of hope. Click here for location details of upcoming clinics.
What We Offer:
Our seasoned team, including the legal staff at DeVetter Law, DEEP Center, ARCS Task Force, and Filling The Gap, Inc. is committed to guiding you through the expungement journey. We tackle key topics to help you regain control over your life:
- Exploring the Pardon Process
- Restoring Your Rights
- Navigating Misdemeanor and Felony Expungement
- Correcting Errors on Your Criminal Record
DeVetter Law at Your Side:
Nancy DeVetter is one of the few expungement experts in the State of Georgia and will help you navigate the intricacies of your situation. Our services will cover investigating your legal options and assisting you with completing forms to expunge your criminal record. We will review your official criminal history, determine your eligibility for record restriction, and guide you in filling out the necessary forms. The legal services offered are free, but any applicable filing or processing fees will be the attendees responsibility. We cannot guarantee specific outcomes, and our representation ends at the conclusion of the clinic.
Prior to attending our clinic, you must get a copy of your GCIC Report (or you Official Criminal Record), then complete the following forms:
At this clinic, we can help you with:
- Determining if you are eligible for expungement (called record restriction and sealing in Georgia) or for a restoration of rights (civil/political rights or gun rights)
- Providing forms and instructions on how to apply for expungement or restoration of rights
- Assisting you with completing forms and applications for an expungement or restoration of rights
- Determining if you are eligible for early termination from probation
- Assisting you with issues related to First Offender or Conditional Discharge
At this clinic, we cannot help you with:
- Getting your GCIC Report (Official Criminal Record) for you. Check with your local police department; many can order a GCIC for you.
- To obtain your official criminal record from the Savannah Police Department, visit 602 E. Lathrop Avenue and pay a $25 fee. Specify a “Purpose Code U GCIC” report and wait for notification.
- Filing petitions, motions, pardons, or other court paperwork on your behalf at the courthouse or with a state agency
- Assisting you with expungements outside of the state of Georgia (though we can still help you with restoration of rights if you live in Georgia and your conviction was outside of Georgia)
- Assisting you with early termination of parole or parole-related issues
- Representing you in a pending criminal case, criminal appeal, or traffic tickets
- Advising you on issues that are not related to criminal records
We will contact you: at the time of the next clinic by phone OR by email AFTER the next clinic when we’ve received and reviewed your GCIC report.
You can reach Nancy at email@example.com or (912) 388-0254.